Most first time buyers can apply to purchase through this scheme.
If you live with family or friends or in private rented accommodation, you may still apply.
Even if you have owned your own home before, you may be able to apply if:
- You lost your home due to a relationship breakdown
- You need to move due to job relocation.
Eligibility is assessed based on the following criteria:
- You must have been in permanent employment for at least six months
- If you are self employed, you will need at least two years of audited accounts
- You have a gross household income of less than £80,000
- Your total housing cost must be between 25-45% of your income
- County Court Judgement against you must be satisfied
- You must be a British or EU/EEA citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.
Please seek advice through Help to Buy Midlands to ensure you eligible:
You must meet both our eligibility and affordability assessments to be accepted onto this scheme.