What is shared ownership?
Shared ownership is an affordable way for you to become a home owner. You buy a share in a new home and pay a subsidised rent on the remaining share. You can then by more shares in your home in the future (this is called ‘staircasing’). As you buy a bigger share, your rent will go down accordingly.
We promise to:
- If no agent is involved, we will confirm that we have safely received your application within three working days.
- Assess your application and send you a firm or conditional offer within five working days.
- Instruct our legal team to draft the lease and legal documents within five working days of written notification of plot acceptance and payment of the reservation fee.
- Reserve your plot allocation for a maximum of 12 weeks when we receive the reservation fee.
- Withdraw your application within five working days of your written notification.